Thursday, March 12, 2015

M. Jason Turner, poet


The Revenge Of The Mimes





I shall tell you tale that you must hearken
A story so vile that your spirit will darken

It began in my bedroom some time ago
And what took place filled me with wonder and woe

I lay in my bed..or should I say lie?
That always confuses me. I don’t quite know why.

But I digress, let’s get back to the tale
That will make your soul weep and your heart wail

So I was lying…laying.. I was IN my bed with covers pulled
Hoping that something under the bed hadn’t just drooled
But that puddle underneath wasn’t monster spittle
It was there because I had peed just a little


Please don’t ridicule me or my weak bladder
If you please stop interrupting I’ll tell you what was the matter

Now other than the room smelling like a city bus
With a scent surprisingly similar to asparagus

Nothing looked strange or seemed amiss
But something felt terribly wrong, just like a cousin’s kiss

I closed my eyes and tried to ignore my fears
I swallowed terror and fought back my tears

Finally I opened my scared peepers and looked around
Till I saw a figure standing in the dark making no movements or sound

I tried to escape but dashed were my hopes
Because I discovered I was bound by invisible ropes


My captor came closer revealing a face as pale as the dead
With dark streaks on his eyes like blood that was bled

He grabbed me with his evil, while gloved hands
Then threw me over his shoulder with no word of demands

He carried me out the front door like a whimpering potato sack
I feared I would soon be killed by this creature of white and black

Suddenly I was tossed as easily as a child skips a riverbed rock
Into what I could only, describe as an invisible box

I found myself surrounded by victims of similar crimes
My God.” They cried. “We’re doomed, for it’s the revenge of the mimes!”

Like a wind that has been broken with an aroma so violent
These creepy killer clowns were both deadly and silent

Across the great land, these mimes they did roam
Snagging each resident of every hotel and home

Their dark powers grew along with their sins
It seemed nothing could stand in the way of Hell’s Harlequins

But suddenly I felt a strange presence and I began to glow
I had become possessed by the spirit or Marcel Marceau.

He had returned to the world from which he once did depart
Because the actions of his of his namesakes had broken his ghost heart

The king of Mimes filled me with his sadness and rage
So as if it were nothing I ripped open my cage



My soundless escape quickly noticed the Mimes began coming back
Like a silent march of evil penguins, they prepared to attack

I knocked a few down with an imaginary gale I made blow
Then I was pelted by rocks they pretended to throw

After distracting me while juggling make believe balls
They ran in slow motion and crashed through my invisible walls

I was then greeted by their silent, smiling squeals
As I slipped on a pile of unseen banana peels

I feared Marcel and I would soon be overpowered
By these jerks in their uncool bowties and stupid fake flowers

But then Marcel’s power awoken as if from a dream
And through me he let out a blood curdling silent scream

Like a Mime Messiah his amazing magic exploded
And all the good people’s bonds instantly eroded

Next was a sight that nearly left me deranged
When I watched as the people set free began to change

They all transmogrified into street performers of every kind
A more weird and wonderful army you could never find

There were tap dancers, fire breathers and jugglers
On stilts
Organ grinders with their monkeys and bagpipers in kilts

Sandwich board saviors ringing their end of world bells
Vendors shouting praises about their delicious food smells

Unemployed actors sang as blind men played the blues
Some shady looking guys were selling almost new shoes

Men were spray painted to look like silver and gold robots
There were many others too but the rest I forgot

We all stood there together, a raving lunatic mob
When all went quiet except for a single sob

I managed to fight back some well-deserved cheers
As my army and I stared at the Mimes coal black tears

The lead maniac mime actually stepped forward and spoke
We surrender” he managed to say with a choke.

So before it had begun our battle came to an end
And those two-toned terrors blew away just like the wind

Soon my magic dissipated and Marcel rejoined the dead
Memories of it all faded and the world went back to bed

Now I am the only one left to tell of the time
When we all nearly succumbed to the Revenge of the Mimes


No comments:

Post a Comment